Why Teeth Veneers?
Regardless of what causes unattractive teeth, dental veneers may solve most or even all of your cosmetic dental issues, including:
- Worn enamel: Over time, the thin, hard translucent substance covering your teeth (enamel) may become worn,and dulled.
- Discoloration: It may be natural or result from a genetic predisposition. However, it often results from consuming soft drinks, tea or coffee; smoking; using certain medications, etc.
- Wear and tear: Teeth naturally wear down as people age. Aged teeth are more likely to have chips, cracks or a generally uneven appearance.
- Genetics: Certain people are born with abnormal spacing between their teeth that widens with age.
- Uneven teeth: Uneven teeth can result from tooth grinding or general wear and tear.
The veneers could be your option to reach the goal of an aesthetic smile.
Types of Dental Veneers
Composite Veneers are also sometimes known as dental bonding or direct veneers.
Composite veneers are normally used for single tooth restorations or simple smile makeover cases. The advantage of composite veneers is that is may be completed within a short period of time directly over teeth.
Composite veneers however will need maintenance over time and can chip more easily then porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers are more appropriate solutions for severe cases involving dullness, wear, discoloration, extensive chipping, cracking, spacing or uneven teeth.
Porcelain Veneers are also called indirect veneers made by a dental technician in a dental laboratory. Porcelain veneers are normally the most popularly smile makeover treatment option, is stain resistant and does not chip as easily compared to composite veneers.
Luminerers are a type of very thin porcelain veneers. The most commonly used porcealin veneers is called IPS Empress Veneers, Lumineers are another brand of wafer thin porcelain veneers.
Lumineers veneers are sent to an overseas laboratory to be made and may thus take oover 2 weeks for delivery compared to IPS Empess veneers that are done within days to one week depending on case complexity.
Dental Veneers Procedure
Dental Veneers treatment involving tooth preparation is irreversible, so it is important that you and dentist discuss any alternatives that provide the same results but with minimal to no removal of tooth structure. If you and dentist decide that veneers are the best option, the next step involves a thorough review of treatment details, including preparing your teeth for your specific veneer procedure and what will be necessary for them to look and fit correctly.
There are several steps in the dental veneer procedure. First, your dentist will likely administer a local anesthetic so you will be comfortable during tooth preparation and placement of the veneer. Your natural tooth is then prepared by minimally reshaping it with a small handheld rotational cutting device called a bur to provide the best fit. Burs come in various shapes and sizes and allow precise and minimal shaping of a tooth prior to veneer placement.
If your treatment involves direct composite resin veneers, dentist then will apply the appropriately shaded composite to your teeth, shape the material and harden it using a high intensity light. Additional layers of composite may be applied to build the veneer to the correct shape, length and form for your smile. When all composite is placed, the veneers will be finished and polished using burs and polishers to create a vital and lifelike smile.
If your treatment requires porcelain veneers, dentist will make an impression of your teeth from which a mold of your mouth will be made. This impression will be use for fabricating the veneers in dental lab.
During the veneer placement appointment, dentist will remove the temporaries and place your final veneers. Dentist also will evaluate and adjust the newly placed veneers to ensure the optimal fit and color.
Why Phuket Smile Signature Dental Clinic?
- Our dental veneers, crowns and bridges are done by aesthetic dentists/prosthodontist or dentists assigned privileges for aesthetic treatment based on their certifications, skill set and experience
- Phuket Smile Signature dental clinic uses a dedicated dental laboratory for quicker treatment timings
- All dentists are verified with valid dental license and assigned a scope of practice based on their certifications, skills and expertises
- Smile Signature dental group is an American Dental Association (ADA) affiliate member
- Smile Signature Dental Clinic is one of Thailand’s largest dental clinic network with a team of over 50 dentists and dental specialists
- Checkup and consultation at Smile Signature dental clinic is complimentary
- Prices at Phuket Smile Signature Dental Clinic are one standardized fixed prices made visible and transparent at all times