General Dentistry – Teeth Cleaning & Scaling
General dentistry are done to prevent or treat disease states of the oral cavity. During you’re recommended bi-annual checkup, your dentist uses instruments, tests, radiographs and clinical expertise to diagnose potential or existent disease states and pathologies.
General Dentistry involves professional checkups by you’re dentist so as to maintain teeth and gums by general dental treatments including:
Teeth Cleaning & Scaling
Teeth Scaling is a procedure for the removal of tartar that may develop even with careful brushing and flossing, especially in areas that are difficult to reach in routine toothbrushing.
Teeth polishing targest to remove stains over teeth from extrinsic stains such as coffee or tea drinking and wines. Teeth polishing also shines teeth surfaces.
Professional teeth cleaning, teeth scaling and polishing is recommended to be done bi-annually.
If a tooth has been broken or damaged by decay, your dentist in Phuket will try to fix it with a filling, crown or other treatment. If however the tooth is too damaged for repair, tooth extraction or tooth removal would be recommended. A very loose tooth also will require extraction if it cannot be saved.
Most simple extractions can be done using just local anesthetic). For our more anxious patients, you are able to request with our Phuket dentists for anti-anxiety medication to help you relax during a tooth extraction. During teeth removal, you can expect to feel pressure, but little or no pain.
Airflow teeth polishing uses water spray jets relative to conventional dental brushing in polishing teeth.
Airflow teeth cleaning is suited for individuals that may not like the vibration experience during teeth polishing.
Dental fillings are normally done in filling a cavity. Dental fillings may be made from
- amalgam fillings
- composite resin fillings
At Phuket Smile Signature dental clinic, composite resin fillings are done and Smile Signature dental clinics is an amalgam-free clinic.
Once all the decay is removed, your dentist shapes the space to prepare it for the filling. Your dentist in Phuket may put in a base or a liner to protect the tooth’s pulp.
For bonded fillings, this is etch (prepare) with an gel before placing the filling. The composite material fills in the etched holes as the dentist places the filling. Bonded fillings can reduce the risk of leakage or decay under the filling. Bonding is generally done with composite fillings.
Decay is not the only reason you may need a filling. Other reasons include:
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Teeth that are worn from bad habits, such as nail-biting, tooth grinding (Bruxism) or using your teeth to open things
Checkup and Consult
During an bi-annual checkup, you’re dentist does a standard physical check on any possible cavities in teeth.
A large panoramic x-ray or small s-rays may be taken if you’re dentist feels further investigation is required for the area.
Why Phuket Smile Signature Dental Clinic?
- Smile Signature dental clinics is an Affiliate Member of the American Dental Association (ADA)
- FREE Checkup and Consultation at Smile Signature is provided without obligations of treatment. For x-rays are taken, see treatment fees
- Fixed, Standardized and Transparent Treatment Fees at Smile Signature Dental Clinics without any discriminatory pricing range. Local prices for foreign patients.
- All dentists are verified with valid dental license and assigned a scope of practice based on their certifications, skills and expertises
- Smile Signature is one of Thailand’s largest dental clinic network with a team of over 50 dentists and dental specialists.
- Porcelain Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Tooth Implants